Re: BUG #18364: psql execution error: Segmentation fault - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #18364: psql execution error: Segmentation fault
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> After upgrade Postgresql from 16.1 to 16.2 in both CENTOS 7 and RHEL 8 I'm
> getting the segmentation fault error when I try to execute any "\" command
> on psql. I have got this error in different hosts, plataforms, etc.

Given the location of the error, it seems like you might have a
problem with inconsistent ABI for "flex".  I'm not quite sure
how you'd get there, because that's usually pretty self-contained.
(Once there was a "libfl.a" that could possibly cause this sort of
problem, but I don't think that exists in modern flex versions.)
Anyway, I'd check that you have a consistent installation of flex
and then rebuild Postgres from source.

            regards, tom lane