Re: [GENERAL] Problem about pgsql's column alias - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] Problem about pgsql's column alias
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Allowing column aliases without AS would break nothing.

... except postfix operators, and whatever else happens to get caught in
the crossfire.  And we'll still get complaints because it only works for
identifiers, not for keywords.

Now I'll admit that the postfix-operator issue is probably a red
herring, since "SELECT a + b, ..." should get interpreted as infix +
in any case.  But I think there are other side-effects we have not
fully analyzed yet.  The one-line grammar hack was not intended to
be actually applied, right?  Let's see a complete proposal.