Re: [SQL] UNIQUE constraint - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [SQL] UNIQUE constraint
Date
List pgsql-sql
"Mihai Barbos" <barbos@moon.ro> writes:
> Maybe I haven't looked in the roght place but here's my problem:
> I've upgraded to 6.5 and I'm trying to use UNIQUE, something like:
> create table TEST    (
>         testval    something    UNIQUE,
>         .....................,
> );
> In 6.4.2 it worked OK, but now it seems it has no effect. Is there any
> problem with UNIQUE ?

I don't see any:

create table TEST    (
testval    int4 UNIQUE
);
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE/UNIQUE will create implicit index 'test_testval_key' for table 'test'
CREATE
insert into test values (1);
INSERT 283276 1
insert into test values (1);
ERROR:  Cannot insert a duplicate key into a unique index

You're going to have to be more specific about what problem you
are observing.
        regards, tom lane