Re: pgsql: Adjust configure to insist on Perl version >= 5.8.3. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Adjust configure to insist on Perl version >= 5.8.3.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> On 2021-Oct-07, Tom Lane wrote:
>> So this isn't looking promising :-(

> Looking in the archives, apparently people use
>   perl -MModule::CoreList
> but I see that that module, at least in Debian, is distributed even less
> widely than corelist(1) itself, because it's a separate package -- even
> though it seems to be part of Perl's core.  Also, the module's interface
> appears less helpful than `corelist -a`.

Hmm.  I do see that Module::CoreList knows not only which modules
are in core but when they were brought in, so that does seem like
a really valuable reference to know about.  Let's just say something
like "You can consult Module::CoreList to find out whether and for
long a module has been present in the Perl core."