Re: lots of values for IN() clause - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: lots of values for IN() clause
Date
List pgsql-general
> Tom recently added a check for getrlimit(RLIMIT_STACK), but I don't know
> if that considered the "megabyte or so".  *peeks the code*  Yeah,
> there's a 512 kb "daylight", but there's also an absolute maximum of
> 2MB.

No, there's no absolute maximum (unless I blew the logic).  The
*default* if you do not specify max_stack_depth at all is capped at 2MB,
which is the same as the old default.  I did that to avoid creating any
new failure if getrlimit lies to us for some reason.  Possibly once we
have more confidence in that code, we can be more aggressive about
setting max_stack_depth to getrlimit(RLIMIT_STACK) minus 512K or so.

            regards, tom lane