Re: New SET/autocommit problem - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: New SET/autocommit problem
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org> writes:
> WARNING:  COMMIT: no transaction in progress

> I've got tons of these warnings in my logs... is there a programmatic
> way of determining if the current session is in a transaction?

Not at present: you have to track it for yourself.  One of the
suggestions on the list for the next frontend/backend protocol revision
(probably in 7.4) is to add a way for the backend to signal its
transaction state: no transaction, in transaction, or in failed
transaction seems like the set of possible states.