Re: Remembering bug #6123 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Remembering bug #6123
Date
Re: Remembering bug #6123  ("Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov>)
List pgsql-hackers
> OK, I got rid of the parrots and candles and added a structure to
> hold the data returned only on failure.
> Am I getting closer?

Hmm, I would think you'd get assertion failures from calling
HeapTupleHeaderGetCmax when xmax isn't the current transaction.
(But I'm not sure that the regression tests really exercise such
cases ... did you try the isolation tests with this?)  I was thinking
we should probably define the cmax as being returned only in SelfUpdated
cases.

You failed to update assorted relevant comments, too.  But I can take
it from here.