Re: Error: Template Id should be teh identifier of a template - help - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error: Template Id should be teh identifier of a template - help
Date
List pgsql-sql
Alex <alex.thegreat@ambix.net> writes:
> When I execute this:

> UPDATE HTMLPAGE SET PAGE_URL = REPLACE(PAGE_URL, '.dot', '.html')
> WHERE PAGE_URL LIKE '%.dot';

> I get the following error from psql.  Could you tell me what is wrong
> or how to fix it?

>> Failed to execute SQL : SQL UPDATE HTMLPAGE SET PAGE_URL =
>> REPLACE(PAGE_URL, '.dot', '.html') WHERE PAGE_URL LIKE '%.dot';
>> failed : ERROR: Template Id should be the identifier of a template

That is not any built-in Postgres error message.  Perhaps it is coming
from a trigger function or some such?  In any case, we can't help you.
You need to identify what layer of software it's coming from, and
complain to the appropriate people.
        regards, tom lane