Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WIP: Avoid creation of the free space map for small tables
Date
List pgsql-hackers
John Naylor <john.naylor@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> It just occured to me that the style FSM_LOCAL_MAP_EXISTS seems more
> common for macros that refer to constants, and FSMLocalMapExists for
> expressions, but I've only seen a small amount of the code base. Do we
> have a style preference here, or is it more a matter of matching the
> surrounding code?

I believe there's a pretty longstanding tradition in C coding to use
all-caps names for macros representing constants.  Some people think
that goes for all macros period, but I'm not on board with that for
function-like macros.

Different parts of the PG code base make different choices between
camel-case and underscore-separation for multiword function names.
For that, I'd say match the style of nearby code.