Re: pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg_basebackup vs. Windows and tablespaces
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 5:39 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> What makes you think quote isn't allowed in tablespace paths?

> Below part of code makes me think that quote is not allowed.

> Oid
> CreateTableSpace(CreateTableSpaceStmt *stmt)
> {
> ..
> /* disallow quotes, else CREATE DATABASE would be at risk */
> if (strchr(location, '\''))
> ereport(ERROR,
> (errcode(ERRCODE_INVALID_NAME),
> errmsg("tablespace location cannot contain single quotes")));
> }

Hm, I think that's left over from defending a *very* ancient version
of CREATE DATABASE.  In any case, as I mentioned, any limitations
we might be putting on tablespace paths during SQL-level operation
are pretty much a dead letter.