Re: Lock partitions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Lock partitions
Date
Re: Lock partitions  (Mark Wong <markw@osdl.org>)
List pgsql-hackers
Mark Wong <markw@osdl.org> writes:
> Curious, I'm still seeing the same behavior.  Maybe I'll take another
> snapshot from CVS.

Hm, maybe I need to try a bit harder here.  Does the "not registered"
error happen immediately/reliably for you, or do you need to run the
test awhile?

> As for the deadlock issue you mention I've been told
> I have some seeding/random number generation problems in the kit.
> Perhaps that is related to the deadlock at least.

The nature of the locks suggests that you have two transactions trying
to update the same two rows in opposite orders.  The usually recommended
fix is to ensure you use a consistent processing order within a
transaction (eg, ascending primary keys --- but any well-defined row
ordering will work).