Re: [HACKERS] Problem in S_LOCK? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Problem in S_LOCK?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Keith Parks <emkxp01@mtcc.demon.co.uk> writes:
> Platform SPARC Linux 2.0.36, latest CVS.

SPARC Linux?  Didn't know there was such a thing.  You should look at
the machine-dependent assembly coding in s_lock.h and s_lock.c.  Perhaps
the #ifdefs are messed up such that the wrong bit of code is being
selected for your platform.  (We do have spinlock code for SPARC, IIRC,
but I wonder whether it gets selected if the platform name is linux ...)

If the failure just started appearing recently then this probably ain't
the answer :-(