Re: Trouble Accessing Schema-Qualified Table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Trouble Accessing Schema-Qualified Table
Date
List pgsql-general
bricklen <bricklen@gmail.com> writes:
> On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 8:35 AM, Jerry Richards
> <jerry.richards@teotech.com> wrote:
>>
>> teo=# select * from sip_presence('ts_sofia_internal') where
>> sip_presence.sip_user='1003';
>>
>> ERROR:  function sip_presence(unknown) does not exist

> The problem isn't the schema name, it is with the parameter you are
> using in your function.

While Jerry didn't say so in so many words, I suppose that the query
worked for him before he changed the search path.  In that case the
problem *is* the schema name: his function is in a schema that is no
longer in the search path.  He can either qualify the function name:

    select * from other_schema.sip_presence('ts_sofia_internal') where

or list both schemas in his search_path so that the function can still
be found without a schema name attached.

            regards, tom lane