Re: Proposal to add a QNX 6.5 port to PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Proposal to add a QNX 6.5 port to PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Baker, Keith [OCDUS Non-J&J]" <KBaker9@its.jnj.com> writes:
> Please let me know if either of you are ready to experiment with the "named pipe" idea anytime soon.
> If not, I would be happy to take a crack at it, but would appreciate your expert advice to start me down the right
path(files/functions to update, pseudo-code, etc.).

Well, before we start coding anything, the first order of business would
be to think of a bulletproof locking protocol using the available pipe
operations.  Robert's straw man isn't that, but it seems like there might
be one in there.