Re: simple case using index on windows but not on linux - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From simon godden
Subject Re: simple case using index on windows but not on linux
Date
List pgsql-performance
(Sending again because I forgot to reply to all)

On 10/4/06, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> You can increase the max shared memory size if you have root access. See
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC-PARAMETERS
>
> Scroll down for Linux-specific instructions.

Thanks for the link.

Are you saying that the shared memory size is the issue here?  Please
can you explain how it would cause a seq scan rather than an index
scan.

I would like to understand the issue before making changes.

--
Simon Godden