Re: simple case using index on windows but not on linux - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: simple case using index on windows but not on linux
Date
List pgsql-performance
simon godden wrote:
> The only major difference between the hardware is that the windows
> machine has 2gb RAM and a setting of 10000 shared memory pages,
> whereas the linux machine has 756Mb RAM and a setting of 3000 shared
> memory pages (max. shared memory allocation of 32Mb).  I can't see any
> other differences in configuration.
You can increase the max shared memory size if you have root access. See

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/kernel-resources.html#SYSVIPC-PARAMETERS

Scroll down for Linux-specific instructions.

--
Heikki Linnakangas