Re: void * cast cleanup - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: void * cast cleanup
Date
List pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <neilc@samurai.com> writes:
> Would anyone object to me removing some more void * casts, e.g. the
> parameters to the various _walker functions?

I'm a bit concerned about introducing warnings from not-quite-with-it
compilers.  Are there any still out there that would treat this as a
bogus conversion?

While I agree that casting pfree's argument is just pedantry, I'm not
quite sold on the proposition for less well-known functions such as
the _walker family.  You could take it as a flag that "yes I mean to
treat this pointer as a generic object now".  I'm not dead set on that
reasoning but it's something to think about.

Any other opinions out there?

            regards, tom lane