Re: void * cast cleanup - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Neil Conway
Subject Re: void * cast cleanup
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 11:49, Tom Lane wrote:
> I'm a bit concerned about introducing warnings from not-quite-with-it
> compilers.  Are there any still out there that would treat this as a
> bogus conversion?

Since this is defined by C89, I think we're okay assuming the compiler
can handle it. In any case, a compiler that doesn't comply with the
standard on this issue would issue hundreds of warnings/errors trying to
compile the rest of the PG tree (e.g. the vast majority of pfree() call
sites that don't bother with the explicit cast), so I don't think this
change makes the situation materially worse.

-Neil