Re: crash problem - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: crash problem
Date
List pgsql-docs
terry@greatgulfhomes.com writes:
> My database crashed earlier.  It's starts up fine, and I can use it, but I
> cannot back it up, it reports this error:
> bash$ pg_dump -t letter_tag_execute_types devtest >
> bkletter_tag_execute_types
> getTables(): SELECT (for TRIGGER) failed.  Explanation from backend: 'ERROR:
> No
>  such attribute or function 'tgdeferrable'
> '.

(1) Are you sure your pg_dump version matches your backend version?
(And exactly what version are we discussing here, anyway?)

(2) A reindex of pg_attribute might help.  See the 7.2 REINDEX man page
for a reasonably complete description of how to reindex system catalogs.
The 7.1 procedure is the same, but the docs are poorer...

            regards, tom lane

PS: this is pretty far off-topic for pgsql-docs.  Please think a little
more about where to post before posting.