Re: Error message, which memory param should I increase? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error message, which memory param should I increase?
Date
List pgsql-general
<terry@ashtonwoodshomes.com> writes:
> I have a very large query which needs to be very large, and it gives me this
> error sometimes:
> "Error","7175","06/23/03","23:52:52",,"ODBC Error Code = 08S01
> (Communication link failure)<P> Error while executing the query; Out of
> memory while reading tuples.

I'd say your problem is on the client side, and that you're wasting your
time fooling with server-side configuration.  Consider converting the
query to use a cursor, so that you can fetch a reasonably small number of
rows at a time.

            regards, tom lane