From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [lockhart@alumni.caltech.edu: Third call for platform testing]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no> writes:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> CREATE INDEX hash_i4_index ON hash_i4_heap USING hash (random int4_ops);
> + ERROR:  cannot read block 3 of hash_i4_index: Bad address
>>
>> "Bad address"?  That seems pretty bizarre.

> This is obviously something that shows up on _some_ NetBSD platforms.

If it's reproducible on more than one box then we should look into it.
Am I right to guess that "Bad address" means a bogus pointer handed to
a kernel call?  If so, it'll probably take some digging with gdb to find
out the cause.  I'd be happy to do the digging if anyone can give me an
account reachable via telnet or ssh on one of these machines.