Re: information_schema vs temp tables (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sequences were not being shown due to the use of lowercase `s`) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: information_schema vs temp tables (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sequences were not being shown due to the use of lowercase `s`)
Date
In response to information_schema vs temp tables (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sequences were not being shown due to the use of lowercase `s`)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Responses Re: information_schema vs temp tables (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Sequences were not being shown due to the use of lowercase `s`)  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> If you're really intent on making it work this way, my vote is to
> expose namespace.c's isOtherTempNamespace() as a SQL-callable function,
> and add a test on that to the info-schema views, rather than relying on
> is_visible or explicit knowledge of the temp-schema naming convention.

I've done the above and now withdraw my complaints about this patch.
I notice however that the patch seems to have touched only about half a
dozen of the information_schema views ... shouldn't more of them have
similar filters?