new full vacuum doesn't work - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject new full vacuum doesn't work
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

I am testing vacuum changes, and I found some strange behave:

autovacuum off

[pavel@nemesis src]$ /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pgbench -i -F 10 -s 10 test
NOTICE:  table "pgbench_branches" does not exist, skipping
NOTICE:  table "pgbench_tellers" does not exist, skipping
NOTICE:  table "pgbench_accounts" does not exist, skipping
NOTICE:  table "pgbench_history" does not exist, skipping

test=# \dt+                         List of relationsSchema |       Name       | Type  | Owner |    Size    |
Description
--------+------------------+-------+-------+------------+-------------public | pgbench_accounts | table | pavel | 1302
MB   |public | pgbench_branches | table | pavel | 8192 bytes |public | pgbench_history  | table | pavel | 0 bytes
|public| pgbench_tellers  | table | pavel | 48 kB      |

(4 rows)

test=# \x
Expanded display is on.
test=# select * from pgstattuple('pgbench_accounts');
-[ RECORD 1 ]------+-----------
table_len          | 1365336064
tuple_count        | 1000000
tuple_len          | 121000000
tuple_percent      | 8.86
dead_tuple_count   | 0
dead_tuple_len     | 0
dead_tuple_percent | 0
free_space         | 1228669388
free_percent       | 89.99

test=# vacuum full pgbench_accounts;
VACUUM

test=# \dt+                         List of relationsSchema |       Name       | Type  | Owner |    Size    |
Description
--------+------------------+-------+-------+------------+-------------public | pgbench_accounts | table | pavel | 1302
MB   |public | pgbench_branches | table | pavel | 8192 bytes |public | pgbench_history  | table | pavel | 0 bytes
|public| pgbench_tellers  | table | pavel | 48 kB      |

(4 rows)

test=# select * from pgstattuple('pgbench_accounts');
-[ RECORD 1 ]------+-----------
table_len          | 1365336064
tuple_count        | 1000000
tuple_len          | 128000000