Re: Issues cross-compiling libpq 14.x to MacOS armv8 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Issues cross-compiling libpq 14.x to MacOS armv8
Date
List pgsql-general
Vincas Dargis <vindrg@gmail.com> writes:
> checking which random number source to use... /dev/urandom
> checking for /dev/urandom...
> configure: error: cannot check for file existence when cross compiling

Hmm ... this evidently stems from 16f96c74d.

AFAICS this is the only test in our configure script that is a hard
fail when cross-compiling, and I don't see a reason for it to be that.
We could just assume that /dev/urandom will be available --- that's no
worse than a lot of the other optimistic assumptions that configure
makes in that mode.

            regards, tom lane