Re: Temp tables are curious creatures.... - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Temp tables are curious creatures....
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Rod Taylor <rbt@zort.ca> writes:
> Appears psql needs to know how to differentiate between it's own temp
> tables and those of another connection.

More generally, psql is as yet clueless about schemas.

regression=# create schema foo;
CREATE
regression=# create schema bar;
CREATE
regression=# create table foo.tab1 (f1 int);
CREATE
regression=# create table bar.tab1 (f2 int);
CREATE
regression=# \d tab1        Table "tab1"Column |  Type   | Modifiers

This is ... um ... wrong.  I am not real sure what the right behavior
is, however.  Should \d accept patterns like schema.table (and how
should its wildcard pattern matching fit with that?)  If you don't
specify a schema, should it only show tables visible in your search
path?