Re: Error with tcp/ip networking - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Error with tcp/ip networking
Date
Re: Error with tcp/ip networking  (Bob Parkinson <rwp@biome.ac.uk>)
Re: Error with tcp/ip networking  (Steve Heaven <steve@thornet.co.uk>)
Re: Error with tcp/ip networking  (ERIC Lawson - x52010 <eric@bioeng.washington.edu>)
List pgsql-general
Travis Bauer <trbauer@cs.indiana.edu> writes:
> Well, there were two other copies of postgress running, and at least one
> was tying up port 5432, but . . .
> I couldn't see them with 'ps' or 'ps -a',

ps -a only lists processes that it thinks are spawned from interactive
sessions.  You need ps -ax to see everything on the system.

> netstat did not list them as using a port,

Actually I think netstat only shows open connections, not processes
listening for connections.  Does anyone know a (reasonably portable)
way of seeing which port numbers are being accept()ed on?

            regards, tom lane