Re: WARNING: skipping "pg_database" --- only superuser can analyze it - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: WARNING: skipping "pg_database" --- only superuser can analyze it
Date
List pgsql-general
"Abraham, Danny" <danny_abraham@bmc.com> writes:
> Good old "analyze;"  will run smoothly on 11.5...
> But on 12.6  will skip and warn on any pg_catalog/information_schema  table.

Hm, for me there are such warnings on 11.x too.  Not as many --- it
looks like indexes are mentioned as well in 12.x.  But it's never
been the case that this was entirely silent for an unprivileged user.

> Questions: 1. Has the behavior changed in 12.6?   2.How can I analyze on public tables (No syntax like analyze
schema=public)

If you don't want to see the warnings, consider

set client_min_messages to error;

            regards, tom lane