Re: schema prefixes in default values (was RE: removing "serial" from table definitions). - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: schema prefixes in default values (was RE: removing "serial" from table definitions).
Date
List pgsql-general
Marc Mamin <M.Mamin@intershop.de> writes:
> it seems that our problem had nothing to do with serial, but with the way schema prefixes are handled in column
defaultvalues.

> pg_attrdef.adsrc:
>   filled when the defaut value is defined. contains a schema prefix only when required at this creation time. Is
constantafterwards.

We removed adsrc a couple of versions back, precisely because it doesn't
track subsequent changes.  Relying on it has been deprecated for a lot
longer than that.

> Moreover a pg_dump->restore might in some cases modify the value of pg_attrdef.adsrc

pg_dump hasn't relied on adsrc since PG 7.2.

            regards, tom lane