syslogger file descriptor question - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From chenyanfei
Subject syslogger file descriptor question
Date
List pgsql-bugs
When use the  pg_ctl start -l  command to start the postgres, I find the
syslogger process point to the specified log file.

With long time running, the log file is too big. So we delete it, but the fd
is show as deleted.

It looks like the file descriptor leak. Although this problem has little
impact, it brings troubles to customers.
The regular file has the rotate mechanism, so it can close the old fd and
reopen the new file.

My question is if I specify them to /dev/null whether have any problem. I
find one process do this not in first start.

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-bugs-f2117394.html