syslogger file descriptor question - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From chenyanfei
Subject syslogger file descriptor question
Date
List pgsql-bugs
When I start the postgres with -l parameter, I find the logger process
redirect to the specified log file.

The fd:1 and fd:2 point to the log file.  And If we delete the file because
of the file is too big, it'll be shown as the deleted file, which cause file
descriptor leak.

When I delete the regular file, it will close the old file and reopen the
new file when rotate the log file.

Although this problem is not very serious, it has caused a lot of confusion
to our customers. So I think
if I redirect all to /dev/null whether have any problems.

--
Sent from: https://www.postgresql-archive.org/PostgreSQL-bugs-f2117394.html