Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Adding column comment to information_schema.columns
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Jochem van Dieten <jochemd@gmail.com> writes:
> I didn't write that (or at least, I didn't mean to write that :-). The
> SQL standard tells that they will not use trailing underscores,

Um ... actually that's not what it says:

> "NOTE 77 - It is the intention that no <key word> specified in ISO/IEC
> 9075 or revisions thereto shall end with an <underscore>."

This refers to keywords, NOT to column names which are just identifiers.
It may be that the SQL committee does not intend to standardize any
information_schema column names that end with underscore, but this
particular note certainly doesn't promise that.