Re: Thread-safe configuration option appears to - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lee Kindness
Subject Re: Thread-safe configuration option appears to
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Larry Rosenman writes:> What the fr*** harm is it in passing -D_REENTRANT into the libpq build on > UnixWare>
irregardlessof the --with-threads* flag?

Indeed for every other sane system out there. Folk are messing around
with the thread stuff using here-say as knowledge. We want to compile
with _REENTRANT, always! Anything needed in ADDITON to _REENTRANT (i.e
thread link flags for libecpg) can be discovered by configure and
applied to the build. Even for the rest of PostgreSQL, it will work
A-OK if we are already sticking to the rules (i.e. including <errno.h>
when using errno).

L.