Re: libpq_r - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lee Kindness
Subject Re: libpq_r
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian writes:> Peter Eisentraut wrote:> > Bruce Momjian writes:> > >     THREAD_CFLAGS="-D_REENTRANT
-D_THREAD_SAFE-D_POSIX_PTHREAD_SEMANTICS"> > Those flags are bogus.  You don't need any flags under Linux.> Is that
truefor all versions of Linux?  Don't we need the first one so> we compile cleanly.

Yeah, you want to define _REENTRANT...
> Also, the remaining to linux settings:>     THREAD_LIBS="-lpthread">     NEED_REENTRANT_FUNC_NAMES=yes> I assume
-lpthreaddoes have an effect on the library, or does it?

You DO NOT want -lpthread for libpq, but you do want it for ecpg.

L.