Re: list files and sizes - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From richard@xentu.com
Subject Re: list files and sizes
Date
List pgsql-novice
On 2016-02-20 21:40, richard@xentu.com wrote:
> Could anyone tell me if this is possible?
> I can get a list of files from the pg_log directory using
> select * from pg_ls_dir('pg_log')
> For any one of those files, I could find out it's size using
> select * from pg_stat_file('pg_log\postgresql-2016-02-16_133214.log')
> but, what I'd like to have is a query that somehow combines those two
> and returns a recordset consisting of two columns, file_name &
> file_size

Now Joe showed me how to use LATERAL to achieve this, I've got an
initial build of a little application I've been messing with.

pgprofiler is like a simple version of MSSQL Profiler:

http://www.xentu.com/pgprofiler/

with source code at bitbucket. I've just built a win-32 version, but the
FPC/Lazarus source should let me compile to other platforms...