Re: V14 and later build the backend with -lpthread - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: V14 and later build the backend with -lpthread
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> (I'm also still struggling to explain why mamba, with the *exact*
> same NetBSD code on a different hardware platform, isn't showing
> the same failures as chickadee.  More news if I figure that out.)

Hah: I left --with-libxml out of chickadee's configuration, because
libxml2 seemed to have some problems on that platform, and that is
what is pulling in libpthread on mamba:

$ ldd /usr/pkg/lib/libxml2.so
/usr/pkg/lib/libxml2.so:
        -lz.1 => /usr/lib/libz.so.1
        -lc.12 => /usr/lib/libc.so.12
        -llzma.2 => /usr/lib/liblzma.so.2
        -lpthread.1 => /lib/libpthread.so.1
        -lm.0 => /usr/lib/libm.so.0
        -lgcc_s.1 => /lib/libgcc_s.so.1

Reinforces your point about real-world builds, I suppose.

For the moment I'll just disable testing plpython pre-v14 on
chickadee.