Re: Should AT TIME ZONE be volatile? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Should AT TIME ZONE be volatile?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I agree with Tom that it sounds like a lot of work. And to be honest
> it's work that I don't really feel very excited about.

Even if you were excited about it, would maintaining such data be
a good use of project resources?  It's not like we lack other things
we ought to be doing.  I agree that the lack of reliable versioning
info is a problem, but I can't see that "let's fork ICU and tzdb too"
is a good answer.