FATAL error in logs: no pb_hba.conf entry - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From james terris
Subject FATAL error in logs: no pb_hba.conf entry
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hello,
I have a postgres version 9.6 server running on and old Windows Server 2008 R2 server.

I noticed this message in the logs:

FATAL: no pg_hba.conf entry for host "::1", user "APPSERVER$", database "postgres", SSL off

It's true that I don't have a row for the the "APPSERVER$" user but I'm not really sure where that user is coming from. It's the server name and it's only trying to log in via IPv6 ?

If someone could give me some more details about why is causing that log line that would be great. I have other servers configured without that line in pg_hba.conf and they don't have that FATAL message.

My pg_hba.conf looks like this:

host    all   postgres    127.0.0.1/32   md5
host    anotherDB   anotherUser    127.0.0.1/32   md5
host    all   postgres    ::1/128   md5
host    anotherDB    anotherUser    ::1/128   md5

thank you,
james

BTW, I'm new to this mailing list, if I have the wrong one please update me.