Re: Too many serialization errors in production - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From pavan95
Subject Re: Too many serialization errors in production
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Community,

We are facing the error "*could not serialize due to concurrent update*" too
many times in our production server.

The errors are occurring due to the "Repeatable Read" isolation level. I
know that the database default_transaction_isolation is "Read Committed"
where we don't get these errors.

But when I monitored the queries the application(ODOO) user is issuing "SET
default_transaction_isolation to Repeatable Read". So is the cause of these
errors.  I have explored on the ODOO application side where in which I lost
somewhere  but found to know that these errors are common for ODOO.

In one of the ODOO application files named "sql_db.py" the below code I have
found where I understood the isolation level was set to "Repeatable Read".

My concern here is if I change this isolation level to "Read Committed" will
this suffice to stop this error occurrence?

Else my another approach is how to stop the application user from executing
session level command "SET default_transaction_isolation to Repeatable Read"
?

Could you please suggest me how to stop any user from changing the
default_transaction_isolation in PostgreSQL?

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,
Pavan,
9841380956