Re: pgAdmin Saved Password Security - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Michel Feinstein
Subject Re: pgAdmin Saved Password Security
Date
List pgsql-admin
Many thanks, sorry for the confusion.

(maybe you guys could move to github, where opening Issues is a lot easier?)

On Tue, Apr 16, 2019, 23:11 Ian Barwick <ian.barwick@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Hi

On 4/14/19 12:38 PM, Michel Feinstein wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to pgAdmin and PostgreSQL. I am configuring a new server connection and I can see there's an option to save my server's password.
>
> How secure is this option? Does it save my password as plaintext or does it save inside Windows protection or other form of encryption?

This is the "pgsql-admin" mailing list, which despite the name's similarity to
"pgadmin" is intended for general questions related to administration of PostgreSQL
itself.

You'll have a better chance of a response on the pgadmin mailing list; see:

   https://www.pgadmin.org/support/list/

Regards

Ian Barwick

--