Re: Prevent extension creation in temporary schemas - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chris Travers
Subject Re: Prevent extension creation in temporary schemas
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Spec compliant:           tested, passed
Documentation:            not tested

I ran make checkworld and everything passed.

I tried installing a test extension into a temp schema.  I found this was remarkably difficult to do because pg_temp
didnot work (I had to create a temporary table and then locate the actual table it was created in).  While that might
alsobe a bug it is not in the scope of this patch so mostly noting in terms of future work.

After creating the extension I did as follows:
\dx in the current session shows the extension
\dx in a stock psql shows the extension in a separate session
\dx with a patched psql in a separate session does not show the extension.

In terms of the scope of this patch, I think this correctly and fully solves the problem at hand.

The new status of this patch is: Ready for Committer