Re: BUG #17061: Impossible to query the fields of the tuple created by SEARCH BREADTH FIRST BY .. SET .. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17061: Impossible to query the fields of the tuple created by SEARCH BREADTH FIRST BY .. SET ..
Date
In response to Re: BUG #17061: Impossible to query the fields of the tuple created by SEARCH BREADTH FIRST BY .. SET ..  (Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec>)
List pgsql-bugs
Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec> writes:
> Just to add fuel to the fire, I just noted that you cannot create a view
> based on a recursive CTE using this syntax.
> ERROR:  column "breadth" has pseudo-type record

Yeah, I've run into that too.  There's no time to reconsider the
implementation for v14, but I'd sure like to see this revisited
later.  I'm kind of wondering if, instead of a single RECORD
column, we could add each of the SEARCH columns and the depth
column as a separate resjunk column.  (However, I'm not sure
how to extend that approach to the DEPTH FIRST case, which
wants an array.)

            regards, tom lane