Re: BUG #17194: Issue with pgoutput - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #17194: Issue with pgoutput
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> Bug reference:      17194
> Logged by:          DBA TEAM
> Email address:      devops@getfareye.com
> PostgreSQL version: 12.5
> Operating system:   Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

> We identified that there was an issue with the encoding with UTF8 characters
> with pg_output plugin. The data was visible correctly in the database but
> while pushing the data through the CDC pipeline there was some distortion
> with the Greek letters.
> Since pgoutput is a native plugin, kindly let us know any settings or
> parameter change that we can do to fix this on postgresql or debezium
> side.
> FYI:We are using postgresql 12.5 RDS

This is not noticeably different from your previous report, so I don't
know why you'd think you'll get different results.  You've still offered
no detail that would let anyone else reproduce the issue, nor any strong
reason to believe that it's a Postgres problem at all.

There is some advice about writing actionable trouble reports at

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

            regards, tom lane