Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wroteL
>> Thanks! Can you repro the problem manually on wrasse, perhaps even
>> outside the buildfarm script?

> I'm working on that right now, actually...

So far, reproducing it manually has been a miserable failure: I've
run about 180 cycles of the core regression tests with no error.
Not sure what's different between my test scenario and wrasse's.

Meanwhile, wrasse did fail with my relallvisible check in place [1],
and what that shows is that relallvisible is *zero* to start with
and remains so throughout the CREATE INDEX sequence.  That pretty
definitively proves that it's not a page-skipping problem but
an xmin-horizon-too-old problem.  We're no closer to understanding
where that horizon value is coming from, though.

            regards, tom lane

[1] https://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=wrasse&dt=2022-04-14%2019%3A28%3A12