Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse
Date
Re: Intermittent buildfarm failures on wrasse  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> Thanks! Can you repro the problem manually on wrasse, perhaps even
> outside the buildfarm script?

I'm working on that right now, actually...

> I wonder if we should make VACUUM log the VERBOSE output at DEBUG1
> unconditionally. This is like the third bug where we needed that
> information, and it's practically impossible to include in regression
> output. Then we'd know what the xid horizon is, whether pages were
> skipped, etc.

Right at the moment it seems like we also need visibility into what
CREATE INDEX is doing.

I'm not sure I'd buy into permanent changes here (at least not ones made
in haste), but temporarily adding more logging seems perfectly reasonable.