sqlca warning (was Re: IFNULL -> COALESCE) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Lee Kindness
Subject sqlca warning (was Re: IFNULL -> COALESCE)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut writes:> Tom Lane writes:> > I didn't understand why it was put in in the first place.  There's> > no
needfor it.> As it stands, sqlca will actually be included twice, so the warning has> some merit.  But it might be
betterto actually prevent the second> inclusion.

As I understand it with 7.1 you HAD to have an 'EXEC SQL INCLUDE
sqlca' line for things to work (assuming you actually access the sqlca
structure). With 7.2 this file is now automatically included (whether
you need it or not) and when you explicitly tell the precompiler what
you're using you get a warning! Imagine the response if a C compiler
was compiling the following program:
#include <stdio.h>
int main(int argc, char **argv){  printf("Hello world!\n");}

and gave you a warning for including stdio.h! For reference gcc must
be doing something similar to ecpg - because you don't NEED to include
stdio.h (which is bad).

It's nothing major... just annoying!

Best Regards, Lee.