Re: [HACKERS] Feature enhancement request : use of libgda in - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Michel POURE
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Feature enhancement request : use of libgda in
Date
List pgsql-general
Le Mardi 12 Février 2002 07:29, Christopher Kings-Lynne a écrit :
> I can see the utility of CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW, however for me the DROP
> COLUMN is way more useful.  I can't begin to express how annoying it is to
> not be able to drop a column.  Sooo annoying...

I recieved a mail from Neil Conway. Here it is :

If ALTER TABLE DROP COLUMN is important to you guys, why not use the
existing code for it? Define _DROP_COLUMN_HACK__ and re-compile, it
should work.  I think the implementation is pretty messy: you, or
someone from your time, is welcome to improve it, or suggest a better
way to do things.  This code is also experimental, so it could
definately do with some testing and QA.

My point is that, for this feature at least, there are certainly things
that you guys can do to increase the likelihood of ALTER TABLE DROP
COLUMN being in the 7.3 release.

Cheers,
Neil Conway