Re: issues with dropped columns in plpgsql code again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: issues with dropped columns in plpgsql code again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> One user reported a issues with triggers related to dropped columns.
> When I checked his code, I found a more possible problems.

This is just the same kind of modified-rowtype problem we've discussed
before.

I continue to maintain that the only realistic fix is to stop using the
PLPGSQL_DTYPE_ROW infrastructure for variables of externally-defined
composite types.  In the last go-round, this was rejected on the
(unproven) assumption that it would make things slower.  But as a wise
man once said, you can make code arbitrarily fast if it doesn't have to
give the right answer.