issues with dropped columns in plpgsql code again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Stehule
Subject issues with dropped columns in plpgsql code again
Date
Re: issues with dropped columns in plpgsql code again  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hello

One user reported a issues with triggers related to dropped columns.

When I checked his code, I found a more possible problems.

He use a trigger in form

$$
DECLARE somevar targettable;
BEGIN
  somevar := NEW;
  // do some with somevar;
  RETURN somevar;
END;
$$

When I dropped column (I dropped numeric column) I had to finish session, because I got a error in assign

LOCATION:  exec_stmt_raise, pl_exec.c:2985
ERROR:  22P02: invalid input syntax for type numeric: "aaa"
CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function f1_trg() line 4 at assignment
LOCATION:  set_var_from_str, numeric.c:3253

Regards

Pavel