Re: Problem with setlocale (found in libecpg) [accessing a - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with setlocale (found in libecpg) [accessing a
Date
List pgsql-patches
>> Well at least on glibc-2.2 it seems that setlocale retuns a pointer to
>> malloced memory, and frees this pointer on subsequent calls to
>> setlocale.
>> So I would kindly ask you to take a second look at every invokation of
>> setlocale.

I looked around, and am worried about the behavior of PGLC_current()
in src/backend/utils/adt/pg_locale.c.  It doesn't change locale but
does retrieve several successive setlocale() results.  Does that work
in glibc?

            regards, tom lane