pgloader question - postgis support - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brent Wood
Subject pgloader question - postgis support
Date
List pgsql-general

Hi,

I'm looking at pgloader to automate data loading into a Postgis enabled Postgres database.

I have seen in the tutorial how the internal point type is supported, and how the postgis extension can be pre-installed by pgloader if necessary, but I can't see how I might take x & y values & save as a postgis point. I guess I could do this via a trigger, but that is hopefully an unnecessary workaround.

if I read data in (say from CSV):

1,tan0104,1,173.567,-43.678

to a Postgis table:

create table station

(id         int     primary key,

 trip       char(7)

 station_no int,

 lon_s      decimal(7,4),

 lat_s      decimal(6,4),

 startp     geometry(POINT,4326));

the startp column is populated by the SQL:

startp=ST_SetSRID(ST_MakePoint(lon_s,lat_s),4326)

This creates a point feature from the x (lon) & y (lat) coordinates,

  and specifies the coordinate reference system as lat/lon degrees WGS84 (EPSG:4326) to match the column specification.

How can I implement that in the pgloader command to load the CSV file?

Thanks

Brent Wood

Programme leader: Environmental Information Delivery
NIWA
DDI:  +64 (4) 3860529

Brent Wood
Principal Technician - GIS and Spatial Data Management
Programme Leader - Environmental Information Delivery
+64-4-386-0529 | 301 Evans Bay Parade, Greta Point, Wellington | www.niwa.co.nz
NIWA
To ensure compliance with legal requirements and to maintain cyber security standards, NIWA's IT systems are subject to ongoing monitoring, activity logging and auditing. This monitoring and auditing service may be provided by third parties. Such third parties can access information transmitted to, processed by and stored on NIWA's IT systems.

Attachment